What is Whiteboard Video?
Whiteboard video: definition
Whiteboard video is a type of animated video. It is a combination of a story and a drawing that takes place on a whiteboard (or something that looks like a whiteboard). Usually the drawing is done in real time while the narrator explains it step by step. This is an effective way to engage your audience and explain your business in a fun and easy to follow way. These scenes are perfect to explain how your product or service works but also how to solve a problem you know your customers have. The concept of this animation is simple but effective. It allows you to present any element or concept in a way that can be easily understood by your audience.
When to use a video whiteboard?
You can use the whiteboard video as an explainer or a tutorial. A whiteboard video can also be used for training and education. You are only limited by your imagination.
Whiteboard videos are simple to make, which makes them affordable. They are also versatile and can be used in many different ways:
- On social media to generate engagement around a challenge your customers are facing or explain how your product works.
- As part of an email marketing campaign, to inform subscribers about a topic they want to learn more about.
- On the homepage of your website, to introduce visitors to what you do.
You can use this technique to differentiate yourself from your competitors and attract new customers who will remember you more easily.
According to an experiment carried out by the psychology professor Richard Wiseman, on video of a speech that is illustrated as you go along, its content is 15% more memorable than a classic video.
How to create a video whiteboard?
These videos are made using animation software. There are two ways to make them:
- The first is to draw everything by hand, then use animation software to animate the drawings. This method offers more creative freedom but requires time, effort and practice.
- The second method is to use a pre-made template that already contains all the scenes. These templates are called whiteboard animation software. The only thing you need to do is import your script, choose your characters and other elements and create the rendering. These animation programs simulate the appearance of drawing on a whiteboard. An artist draws the images while recording his or her pencil strokes, which are then animated in sync with the rest of the video. Sound effects can also be added.
7 tips for creating a good video whiteboard
The video whiteboard at Lakeprod
Some companies employ professional animators to create this type of video.
At Lakeprod, our team of videographers and graphic designers is ready to assist you in all your creative projects. We create custom whiteboard videos to help you market your products and services or to explain your business. These videos are designed to be engaging and effective in explaining more complicated concepts.
A great example is the explainer video we created to explain what a whiteboard video is. This animation introduces viewers to some of its most important features.